Sara Grey plays a distinctive style of banjo, and sings ballads and other folk songs. She uses a 5 string banjo, and is considered to be one of the leading exponents of the clawhammer style of picking.Read More...
She grew up in New Hampshire, but has lived all over, including the UK. While living in North Carolina, she discovered a love of mountain ‘folk’ music, and she was heavily influenced by the ‘old timers’ playing their traditional banjo music.
She is still performing after 30 years on the folk scene.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Locks And Bolts - 78 plays
- The Bad Girl (One Morning In May) - 69 plays
- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry - 35 plays
- Sandy Boys - 66 plays
- Young Hunting - 56 plays
- Nellie Was A Lady - 41 plays
- Pretty Saro - 38 plays
- Goodnight-Loving Trail - 57 plays
- Barbara Allen - 33 plays
- Down In Mississippi - 31 plays