Sara Grey plays a distinctive style of banjo, and sings ballads and other folk songs. She uses a 5 string banjo, and is considered to be one of the leading exponents of the clawhammer style of picking.
She grew up in New Hampshire, but has lived all over, including the UK. While living in North Carolina, she discovered a love of mountain ‘folk’ music, and she was heavily influenced by the ‘old timers’ playing their traditional banjo music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Colorado Trail - (2:23) - 9 plays
- Bright Sunny South - (4:09) - 49 plays
- Bury Me Not on the Lone Prairie - (4:04) - 5 plays
- Lonesome Roving Wolves - (3:19) - 4 plays
- The Ballad Ff Lost John Dean - (4:16) - 6 plays
- The Yankee and the Unicorn - (3:09) - 4 plays
- Bull Doze Blues - (2:50) - 3 plays
- Over the Waterfall - (2:27) - 18 plays
- Old Dolores - (3:01) - 2 plays
- Open the Door Softly - (1:58) - 2 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online