Sara Grey plays a distinctive style of banjo, and sings ballads and other folk songs. She uses a 5 string banjo, and is considered to be one of the leading exponents of the clawhammer style of picking.
She grew up in New Hampshire, but has lived all over, including the UK. While living in North Carolina, she discovered a love of mountain ‘folk’ music, and she was heavily influenced by the ‘old timers’ playing their traditional banjo music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Locks And Bolts - (3:48) - 3 plays
- Still Into You - (3:34) - 2 plays
- Sheep, Sheep Don't You Know The Road - (3:05) - 2 plays
- Young Hunting - (3:32) - 4 plays
- Down In Mississippi - (5:04) - 3 plays
- The Boaster - (3:21) - 2 plays
- Black Is The Color - (2:46) - 3 plays
- Waterbound - (3:11) - 32 plays
- Over the Water to Charlie - (3:41) - 1 plays
- Grey Funnel Line - (3:13) - 1 plays