143 Shouts - 2,493,442 Scrobbles
Sara Lynn Evans was born February 5, 1971, and raised on a farm near New Franklin, Missouri as the oldest girl amongst seven children. Music has always been a part of her life and by age five was singing every weekend in her family's band. When she was sixteen, she began performing at a nightclub near Columbia, Missouri, a gig that lasted two years. She moved to Nashville, Tennessee in 1991 with the goal of becoming a country artist. Songwriter Harlan Howard heard Sara as she sung a demo of one of his songs, "Tiger By the Tail" at County Q Studios**, and decided she should sing his music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWoke up late today and I still feel the sting of the pain
But I brushed my teeth anyway
I got dressed through the mess and put a smile on my face
I got a little bit stronger
Riding in the car to work and I'm trying to ignore the hurt
- Slow Me Down - (3:16) - 14,494 plays
- Suds in the Bucket - (3:47) - 8,543 plays
- My Heart Can't Tell You No - (4:33) - 6,183 plays
- LyricsI've been tellin' my dreams to the scarecrow
About the places that I'd like to see
I say, "Friend do you think I'll ever get there?"
Oh, but he just stands there smilin' back at me
So I confess my sins to the preacher
- O Come All Ye Faithful - (4:47) - 2,419 plays
- A Real Fine Place to Start - (3:58) - 3,205 plays
- I Could Not Ask for More - (4:47) - 3,521 plays
- Perfect - (4:01) - 1,981 plays
- No Place That Far - (3:37) - 2,065 plays