8 Shouts - 4,668 Scrobbles
Sappho (pronounced /ˈsæfoʊ/ in English; Attic Greek Σαπφώ IPA: [sapːʰɔː], Aeolic Greek Ψάπφω [psapːʰɔː]) was an Ancient Greek poet, born on the island of Lesbos. Later Greeks included her in the canonical list of nine lyric poets. Her birth was sometime between 630 and 612 BC, and it is said that she died around 570 BC, but little is known for certain about her life. The bulk of her poetry, which was well-known and greatly admired throughout antiquity, has been lost, but her immense reputation has endured through surviving fragments.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Celestine - (4:56) - 15 plays
- Rat Tat Tat - (5:04) - 11 plays
- La Nostalgie Du Cannibale - (5:33) - 13 plays
- Aardvark Song - (2:12) - 13 plays
- I'm Theoretical - (3:33) - 14 plays
- Oui - (2:39) - 9 plays
- Girl To Girl - (5:08) - 7 plays
- The Glowing Hand - (4:35) - 5 plays
- Love Spiders - (2:30) - 5 plays
- Victorialand - (8:08) - 6 plays