66 Shouts - 215,950 Scrobbles
Samuel Carthorne Rivers (September 25, 1923 – December 26, 2011), was an American jazz musician and composer. He performed on soprano and tenor saxophones, bass clarinet, flute, harmonica and piano. Rivers was born in Enid, Oklahoma. Active in jazz since the early 1950s, he earned wider attention during the mid-1960s spread of free jazz. With a thorough command of music theory, orchestration and composition, Rivers was an influential and prominent artist in jazz music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Beatrice - (10:34) - 1,610 plays
- Luminous Monolith - (6:32) - 496 plays
- Fuchsia Swing Song - (6:05) - 488 plays
- Cyclic Episode - (6:58) - 430 plays
- Dance of the Tripedal - (10:10) - 249 plays
- Ellipsis - (7:41) - 336 plays
- Euterpe - (11:46) - 266 plays
- Downstairs Blues Upstairs - (5:35) - 306 plays
- Tranquility - (8:57) - 209 plays
- Point of Many Returns - (9:18) - 208 plays