64 Shouts - 184,860 Scrobbles
Samuel Carthorne Rivers (September 25, 1923 – December 26, 2011), was an American jazz musician and composer. He performed on soprano and tenor saxophones, bass clarinet, flute, harmonica and piano. Rivers was born in Enid, Oklahoma. Active in jazz since the early 1950s, he earned wider attention during the mid-1960s spread of free jazz. With a thorough command of music theory, orchestration and composition, Rivers was an influential and prominent artist in jazz music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Beatrice - (10:34) - 1,722 plays
- Luminous Monolith - (6:31) - 820 plays
- Fuchsia Swing Song - (6:05) - 430 plays
- Cyclic Episode - (6:58) - 372 plays
- Postlude - (2:30) - 296 plays
- Downstairs Blues Upstairs - (5:35) - 381 plays
- Ellipsis - (7:41) - 291 plays
- Earth Song - (4:08) - 243 plays
- Tranquility - (8:57) - 256 plays
- Bursts - (6:52) - 227 plays