63 Shouts - 173,976 Scrobbles
Samuel Carthorne Rivers (September 25, 1923 – December 26, 2011), was an American jazz musician and composer. He performed on soprano and tenor saxophones, bass clarinet, flute, harmonica and piano. Rivers was born in Enid, Oklahoma. Active in jazz since the early 1950s, he earned wider attention during the mid-1960s spread of free jazz. With a thorough command of music theory, orchestration and composition, Rivers was an influential and prominent artist in jazz music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Beatrice - (10:34) - 2,486 plays
- Luminous Monolith - (6:31) - 744 plays
- Postlude - (2:30) - 508 plays
- Earth Song - (4:08) - 401 plays
- Bursts - (6:52) - 398 plays
- Tranquility - (8:57) - 363 plays
- Downstairs Blues Upstairs - (5:35) - 395 plays
- Fuchsia Swing Song - (6:05) - 399 plays
- Cyclic Episode - (6:58) - 355 plays
- Ellipsis - (7:41) - 302 plays