65 Shouts - 206,419 Scrobbles
Samuel Carthorne Rivers (September 25, 1923 – December 26, 2011), was an American jazz musician and composer. He performed on soprano and tenor saxophones, bass clarinet, flute, harmonica and piano. Rivers was born in Enid, Oklahoma. Active in jazz since the early 1950s, he earned wider attention during the mid-1960s spread of free jazz. With a thorough command of music theory, orchestration and composition, Rivers was an influential and prominent artist in jazz music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Beatrice - (10:34) - 1,571 plays
- Luminous Monolith - (6:32) - 559 plays
- Cyclic Episode - (6:58) - 411 plays
- Fuchsia Swing Song - (6:05) - 435 plays
- Downstairs Blues Upstairs - (5:35) - 322 plays
- Ellipsis - (7:41) - 279 plays
- Dance of the Tripedal - (10:10) - 265 plays
- Euterpe - (11:46) - 280 plays
- Tranquility - (8:57) - 183 plays
- Point of Many Returns - (9:18) - 247 plays