36 Shouts - 94,734 Scrobbles
Born in Malaysia, Sam Gopal started to learn to play Tablas from the age of seven.
Came to London to study in 1962.
1965/66 he started the SAM GOPAL DREAM with Mick Hutchinson on guitar, Pete Sears on bass, and Andy Clark (Keyboards) joined a little bit later. In 1967 recorded a few tracks for Screen Gems with Gus Dudgeon as engineer. In 1968 started the next band SAM GOPAL with Lemmy.(guitar/ vocals), Roger D'Elia (guitar) and Phil Duke on bass. Recorded an album "Escalator" for Stable Records. Were managed by Robert Stigwood. Also recorded a Single "Horse" / "Back Door Man" .
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Sky Is Burning - (2:29) - 438 plays
- Season of the Witch - (4:24) - 394 plays
- Cold Embrace - (3:39) - 362 plays
- The Dark Lord - (3:17) - 296 plays
- Escalator - (2:50) - 285 plays
- Grass - (4:05) - 302 plays
- You're Alone Now - (3:40) - 254 plays
- Yesterlove - (4:56) - 195 plays
- Angry Faces - (4:02) - 193 plays
- It's Only Love - (4:16) - 177 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online