574 Shouts - 11,091,808 Scrobbles
The group was formed in September 1996 in Memphis, Tennessee. While Memphis was an unlikely place for a grunge / nü-metal band, Saliva was able to follow in the tradition of crafting hard rock songs in radio-friendly format popularized by the likes of Creed and Nickelback. After competing in the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences Grammy Showcase competition, where they advanced to the final round in New York City, the group self-released their self-titled debut album which sold over 10,000 copies in their region, prompting Island Records to take notice.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsC'mon c'mon, c'mon c'mon
On those Saturdays when kids go out and play,
Yo I was up in my room I let the stereo blaze,
Wasn't faded, not jaded
Just a kid with a pad and pen and a big imagination.
- LyricsI hear a voice say "Don't be so blind"
It's telling me all these things
That you would probably hide
Am I your one and only desire
Am I the reason you breathe
- LyricsLadies and gentlemen, please
Would you bring your attention to me?
For a feast for your eyes to see
An explosion of catastrophe
Like nothing you've ever seen before
- LyricsNow has come the day that I take the lead and I make you follow
Toast of champagne 'cause I came for greed and not for tomorrow
If it feels good then it feels good and I do it all day
You want me to play you best bring your brain, you best bring your money (Yeah!)
Make me a superstar (Yeah!)
- LyricsIn one moment, I'm goin' all the way
I make my poetry everyday
And I'm frozen, comin' right on time
I froze my mind with that serious rhyme
And I'm open, comin' up inside you
- Rest In Pieces - (3:46) - 5,924 plays
- Rise Up - (3:08) - 4,170 plays
- Survival Of The Sickest - (4:07) - 3,720 plays
- Broken Sunday - (3:54) - 4,163 plays
- Weight Of The World - (4:29) - 3,838 plays