543 Shouts - 9,958,419 Scrobbles
The group was formed in September 1996 in Memphis, Tennessee. While Memphis was an unlikely place for a grunge / nü-metal band, Saliva was able to follow in the tradition of crafting hard rock songs in radio-friendly format popularized by the likes of Creed and Nickelback. After competing in the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences Grammy Showcase competition, where they advanced to the final round in New York City, the group self-released their self-titled debut album which sold over 10,000 copies in their region, prompting Island Records to take notice.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAll those Saturdays when kids go out and play
Yo, I was up in my room I let the stereo blaze
Wasn't faded, not jaded, just a kid
With a pad and pen and a big imagination
All this, I seek, I find, push the envelope to the line
- LyricsI hear a voice say "Don't be so blind"
It's telling me all these things
That you would probably hide
Am I your one and only desire?
Am I the reason you breathe
- LyricsLadies and gentlemen please
Would you bring your attention to me?
For a feast for your eyes to see
An explosion of catastrophe
Like nothing you’ve ever seen before
- LyricsIn one moment I'm goin' all the way
I make my poetry everyday
And I'm frozen comin' right on time
I froze my mind with that serious rhyme
And I'm open comin' up inside
- LyricsLook at me, my depth perception must be off again
'Cause this hurts deeper than I thought it did
It has not healed with time
It just shot down my spine
You look so beautiful tonight
- Superstar - (4:03) - 15,205 plays
- Weight Of The World - (4:29) - 9,998 plays
- Broken Sunday - (3:54) - 9,834 plays
- Raise Up - (3:45) - 6,283 plays
- Survival Of The Sickest - (4:07) - 6,815 plays