Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra
0 Shouts - 88,568 Scrobbles
The Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra (SLSO) is a major United States symphony orchestra based in St. Louis, Missouri. Founded in 1880, it is the second-oldest U.S. symphony, after the New York Philharmonic. Based in Powell Symphony Hall, it performs an annual Carnegie Hall concert and makes regular overseas tours. It records on its own label, Arch Media, and has received six Grammy Awards and fifty-six nominations. The symphony has an extensive educational program; its members give some 350 free performances a year in schools and other educational settings.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody in Blue - (17:53) - 67 plays
- The Valkyrie: Ride of the Valkyries - (5:28) - 43 plays
- Also Sprach Zarathustra - Tone Poem for Large Orchestra, Op. 30: Introduction - (1:41) - 68 plays
- Holst: The Planets - Mars - 53 plays
- March of the Toys - 21 plays
- The Valkyrie "Die Walküre": Ride of the Valkyries - (5:29) - 6 plays
- Concerto No. 2 in C Minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 18: II. Adagio sostenuto - (10:38) - 14 plays
- Fantasy for Orchestra, "A Night on the Bare Mountain" - (11:07) - 7 plays
- Also Sprach Zarathustra: Tone Poem for Large Orchestra, Op. 30: Introduction - (1:41) - 4 plays
- A Night on the Bare Mountain, Fantasy for Large Orchestra - (11:09) - 31 plays