0 Shouts - 3,743 Scrobbles
Pre-Magic Carpet. Way back in the early seventies in London, three friends came together to play some unusual music: Sitarist Clem Alford, guitarist Jim Moyes and tabla player Keshav Sathe formed a unique Anglo/ Indian fusion, calling themselves 'Sargam' (the name of a note in an Indian scale).Read More...
They made one album under name ‘Sargam’ which was misspelt as Sagram, inappropriately entitled ‘Pop Explosion Sitar Style’ (the cover photograph bearing no relation to any band members or anything about them) and released by the Windmill recording company without the band’s permission in 1972.
'Pop Explosion Sitar Style' is a beautifully played and distinctive acoustic album that reflects many musical currents of the time - from Alexis Korner to the Bauls of Bengal to Ravi Shankar. The complex rhythmic, sensitive tabla playing of virtuoso Keshav Sathe underpins all six instrumental tracks.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Heavenly Feeling - 1,301 plays
- becky's dance - 539 plays
- morning glory - 488 plays
- night king - 436 plays
- floating haze - 411 plays
- the universal form - 373 plays
- 10 - Heavenly Feeling - 17 plays
- 01. Becky's Dance - 31 plays
- The Universe Form - 6 plays
- 04. Heavenly Feeling - 60 plays