0 Shouts - 54,692 Scrobbles
Sadhna Sargam is an Indian playback singer. She was trained in Indian classical music by her mother, Mrs. Neelatai Ghanekar at an early age, and then by Pandit Jasraj. Her mother introduced her to a composer by the name of Anil Mohile, which later resulted in her involvement with the children’s choir. In 1982, she released her first single for the film “Vidhaata”.Read More...
She has won several awards throughout her career including the Indian national award for best female playback singer in 2002 for a Tamil song “Pattu Solli” from the movie Azhagi, composed by Ilayaraja. In the recent 55th Filmfare Awards 2007 for South Indian films, Sadhana Sargam won the awards for the best playback singer female in both Tamil and Telugu. In Tamil, she won it for “Akkam Pakkam” from Kireedam composed by G. V. Prakash Kumar. In Telugu, she won it for her song “Manasa” in the film Munna.
In 2006, Sargam was among the singers who took part in a classical concert to mark Dinanath Mangeshkar’s 100th birthday celebrations and earned praise from Hirudhayanath Mangeshkar for her performances in Hindustani classicals.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Kar Darshanam - 2,304 plays
- Bhoomi Prarthana - 1,316 plays
- Pratah Smaranam - 1,353 plays
- Gayatri Mantra - 4,627 plays
- Nijama Nijama (Language: Tamil; Film: Virumbukiren; Film Artists: Prashanth, Sneha) - 784 plays
- Snaan Mantra - 1,270 plays
- Pranayaam Mantra - 1,113 plays
- Surya Namasker - 1,125 plays
- Tilak Mantra - 1,113 plays
- Thigu Thigu Raathiri - 817 plays