Nick Mitchell started STATE4 as a solo project in Socorro, New Mexico in 1997. He released the first EP called Retrospect that year and played a number of shows around the Socorro area. He moved to Madison, Wisconsin in early 1998, where he continued to grow STATE4 by building a base of fans using the site MP3.com. In July of 1999, Nick released the self-titled full length album using his MP3.com stock earnings. The "white album" received numerous favorable reviews, and garnered him a bit of attention in the Madison area.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jump (Original Mix) - (7:56) - 9 plays
- Jump (Audiko Remix) - (7:28) - 11 plays
- Deliciously Evil - (5:34) - 5 plays
- Save Oneself (Original Mix) - (7:52) - 14 plays
- Forever - (4:48) - 2 plays
- Ambient #1 - (2:49) - 2 plays
- Moon in the Ocean - (7:21) - 1 plays
- Ultimate Sorrow - (5:15) - 1 plays
- All But One - (5:36) - 1 plays
- New Day, New Discoverings (Original Mix) - (6:33) - 3 plays