0 Shouts - 101,501 Scrobbles
The are at least, five artists by this name:Read More...
1) SMD is the premier Hip Hop group of Detroit. Since their day of conception, they have already gained massive attention in the Detroit market by way of their original sound, unusual talent and ability to captivate an audience.
At first glance, one may miss the finer points of why this group has made the progress they’ve made, however, after more careful review; you will begin to see the reasons that have lead to this group’s success. The harmonic singing/rapping done by Billy Boy partnered with the rough, gritty and raw rap style of T-trash form a perfect combination of music that is both enjoyable to listen to, yet has a much deeper meaning. Their musical concepts are not of the stereotypical “rap” you’d see from most artists in the field. They have made a name for themselves by steering clear of that. The content of their music is real life experiences, struggles, issues, feelings and nothing but 100% heart and soul. You will not find a group that has music that sounds better with deeper meaning than SMD’s music.
SMD recently started moving their focus to internet marketing. Since creating their internet pages only 4 short months ago, SMD has gained 5,000 local fans, which is astronomical for any underground group, especially one who has only had their pages up for 4 months. They also recently moved to number 1 on the charts for ReverbNation’s hip hop groups in Detroit, beating over 6,000 other hip hop artists, including ICP. (Keep in mind; this is only after 4 months of being online.)
Do to their original style, massive attention and unusual talent, SMD has also gained the attention of many prominent artists.
SMD’s first full length album has will have feature artists such as Royce Da 5’9, Tech N9ne and Bizarre from D12. It is important to note that Royce Da 5’9 did his collaboration with them after he was signed to Shady Records, making them the only underground group to have a song with Royce Da 5’9 from Eminem's Bad Meets Evil.
Some of the other notable acts they have worked with include Three 6 Mafia, Slaughterhouse, Trick-Trick, D12, Potluck, Prozak, Twiztid and have recently been featured as star performers on an up and coming Girls Gone Wild DVD.
2) A pseudonym of Bas Oskam (of Noisecontrollers - aka Kasparov, Pavelow, Roughstyler & Williams Syndrome). His best known release is Just Like You, which includes a remix of Krezip's I Would Stay and is a huge hit in the hardstyle scene. In this case, SMD stands for 'Snuff Movie Diggers', to which they refer in their track "All For The Thrill".
3) Slipmatt Dubs: One of three aliases of UK born hardcore and happy hardcore DJ/producer Matt Nelson, who also goes under the name Slippery Project but is best known as Slipmatt. Is probably most recognised for the 1992 release "On A Ragga Tip" with fellow UK DJ John Fernandez (a.k.a. Lime) under the moniker SL2.
4) A DIY thrash band from Los Angeles, California named SMD. They are currently on Six Weeks Records and have released a demo cassette, 9 song 7" EP, an 8 song 7" EP, another demo cassette(this time with 17 songs rather than 5), two full lengths, and lastly, the recently released "The Devil Makes Me Do It"
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Just Like You - 49,398 plays
- All for the Thrill - 9,707 plays
- Helemaal kapot - 2,345 plays
- Cliktrak - 2,237 plays
- All For The Thrill (NC Re-fix) - 2,240 plays
- SMD5 - 1,339 plays
- Helemaal Kapot (Feat MC Renegade) - 1,204 plays
- Just Like You (Mash up mix) - 2,022 plays
- All for the Thrill (Edit) - 772 plays
- Just Like You - Original Mix - 562 plays