12 Shouts - 585,538 Scrobbles
SAKEROCK are an instrumental band formed in 2000 by five (later four) former students of a private high school in Hannō, Saitama prefecture, Japan. Their compositions draw on various styles, from latin Jazz to Japanese folk music, but the band’s sound is immediately recognizable from melody lines played by a slightly off-pitch trombone. Their name is taken from a Martin Denny song. Members are Hamano ‘Hamaken’ Kenta (trombone, scat), Tanaka Kei (bass, hawaiian guitar), Itō Daichi (drums, percussion), and frontman Hoshino Gen (guitar, marimba).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online