403 Shouts - 949,263 Scrobbles
Born in 1966, Japan's leading electronic composer Ryoji Ikeda (Japanese 池田亮司) focuses on the minutiae of ultrasonics, frequencies and the essential characteristics of sound itself. His work exploits sound's physical property, its causality with human perception and mathematical dianoia as music, time and space. Using computer and digital technology to the utmost limit, Ikeda has been developing particular "microscopic" methods for sound engineering and composition.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Data.Microhelix - (3:12) - 2,252 plays
- Data.Index - (1:38) - 2,039 plays
- Data.Matrix - (9:58) - 2,050 plays
- Data.Simplex - (1:02) - 1,777 plays
- Data.Triplex - (1:44) - 1,671 plays
- Data.Superhelix - (2:27) - 1,671 plays
- Data.Multiplex - (1:49) - 1,567 plays
- Data.Complex - (0:48) - 1,685 plays
- Data.Hypercomplex - (1:19) - 1,628 plays
- Data.Googolplex - (0:51) - 1,618 plays