116 Shouts - 1,671,298 Scrobbles
Runrig is a Scottish folk rock band founded by brothers Calum and Rory Macdonald in 1973 in Portree, Isle of Skye, Scotland. The band is now popular across the United Kingdom, Denmark and Germany and is notable for combining original songs in Gaelic with a rock sound, thus reflecting the Gaelic culture. Runrig began in 1973 as a three-piece named the "Run Rig Dance Band", its members comprising Calum Macdonald and Rory Macdonald, and their friend, accordionist Blair Douglas. The line-up played its first gig at the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Alba - (3:58) - 1,734 plays
- Hearts of Olden Glory - (4:44) - 1,609 plays
- Protect and Survive - (5:32) - 1,490 plays
- Loch Lomond - Live - (7:04) - 1,450 plays
- Siol Ghoraidh - (6:50) - 1,075 plays
- Loch Lomond - (6:12) - 1,134 plays
- Abhainn An T-Sluaigh - (5:18) - 798 plays
- Rhythm of My Heart - (4:47) - 948 plays
- Pride of the Summer - (4:19) - 1,040 plays
- Every River - (5:23) - 951 plays