0 Shouts - 336,590 Scrobbles
There is more than one artist using the name RUN DMT:Read More...
1) RUN DMT’s sound reflects a horrid love affair with heavy basslines, thunderous beats, and haunting melodies. Formed in Austin, TX in the summer of 2010, RUN DMT approached heavy bass music without borders; touching on Dubstep, Drumstep, Trap, Moombahton, atmospheric Downtempo and more. In his short 2.5 year of history he has made high profile appearances at Electric Daisy Carnival, Coachella, Camp Bisco, Nocturnal Festival, Wakarusa, Snowball Music Festival, and Counterpoint Fest . His original productions and remixes have become recent playlist staples for DJs ranging from Bassnectar to Flux Pavilion to Excision to 12th Planet and beyond. RUN DMT has also done official remixes for the likes of The Who (yes THE WHO), Major Lazer, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Fitz & The Tantrums, Figure, and Hundred Waters.
In 2011, RUN DMT’s first official release, “Drop Top” hit the top of the Beatport charts and remained in the Top 10 for six weeks. “Drop Top” was followed by a series of high charting EPs thru Play Me Records and a high profile inclusion on the Mortal Kombat video game soundtrack with “Baraka’s Theme”. RUN DMT capped off the year with a Mad Decent released mixtape “Year of White Rabbit”.
In June 2012, RUN DMT released his debut full length album “Union of Opposites”, featuring Chali 2na, Dj Swamp, and Zeale, which hit #2 Dubstep and #11 Variety Charts on Beatport. RUN DMT closed out 2012 with a brand new 58-track, 140 minute mixtape, “The Existential Mix”.
In 2013 Run DMT’s official remix of Major Lazer’s “Jah No Partial” was released thru Mad Decent/Downtown. 2013 will also see the release of his remix for Dimitri Vegas/Like Mike/Lil Jon’s “Madness”, out on Dim Mak Records, as well as a brand new original recordings EP, slated for July release on 4th Wall/Ingrooves/Fontana.
2) Music project from Baltimore, Maryland based Michael Collins, started in 2009, now recording as Salvia Plath. “Run DMT is the project of Baltimore, Maryland-based sound artist Michael Collins, who crafts drifting, atmospheric sonic collages that hover somewhere between psychedelia, J Dilla-style hip-hop, and Beach Boys-influenced pop. Collins offered the first two Run DMT albums, Bong Voyage and Get Ripped or Die Trying, as free releases online in 2009; they were also issued as limited-edition cassettes for the blog Chocolate Bobka. The following year, a song from the third Run DMT album, Dreams, “Richard,” appeared on the Woodsist compilation Welcome Home. Looking for a label to release Dreams, Collins started the Culture Dealer imprint, where he finally released his album in 2011.” - MTV
The next album by Collins will be called THE BARDO STORY under the SALVIA PLATH guise. Its set for release by domino imprint WEIRD WORLD RECORDS in july.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Baraka's Theme - 24,364 plays
- Romantic - 18,554 plays
- baby - 10,530 plays
- Richard - 8,974 plays
- mad weed - 10,306 plays
- Let It Load - 10,038 plays
- club scout - 10,022 plays
- Elephant - 9,222 plays
- between us colada - 8,674 plays
- chickenless soup for the vegetarian's soul - 8,935 plays