5 Shouts - 81,198 Scrobbles
Ruggiero Leoncavallo (April 23, 1857- August 9, 1919) was an Italian opera composer. The son of a judge, Leoncavallo was educated at the Conservatorio San Pietro a Majella in his native city, Naples (the date 1858, given for his birth in older histories of music, is incorrect). After some years spent teaching and in ineffective attempts to obtain the production of more than one opera, he saw the enormous success of Mascagni's Cavalleria Rusticana in 1890, and he wasted no time in producing his own verismo hit, Pagliacci.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mattinata - (2:09) - 404 plays
- Barcarola veneziana - (3:24) - 270 plays
- Vesti La Giubba - (3:38) - 255 plays
- Valse mignonne - (5:56) - 103 plays
- Intermezzo - (3:45) - 115 plays
- Recitar... Vesti la giubba - (3:14) - 92 plays
- Pagliacci, Act 1: "Recitar!... Vesti la giubba" - (3:33) - 67 plays
- Pagliacci: Vesti la giubba - (2:30) - 58 plays
- Pagliacci, Act 1: "Vesti la giubba" (Happy Feet) - (3:22) - 37 plays
- Pagliacci, Act 1: "Vesti la giubba" - (3:21) - 121 plays