4 Shouts - 78,322 Scrobbles
Ruggiero Leoncavallo (April 23, 1857- August 9, 1919) was an Italian opera composer. The son of a judge, Leoncavallo was educated at the Conservatorio San Pietro a Majella in his native city, Naples (the date 1858, given for his birth in older histories of music, is incorrect). After some years spent teaching and in ineffective attempts to obtain the production of more than one opera, he saw the enormous success of Mascagni's Cavalleria Rusticana in 1890, and he wasted no time in producing his own verismo hit, Pagliacci.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mattinata - (3:46) - 683 plays
- Vesti La Giubba - (3:38) - 312 plays
- Intermezzo - (3:45) - 190 plays
- Recitar... Vesti la giubba - (3:14) - 150 plays
- Pagliacci - Vesti la giubba - (2:59) - 169 plays
- Pagliacci: Vesti la giubba - (2:30) - 59 plays
- Pagliacci - (0:30) - 52 plays
- Pagliacci - No! Pagliaccio non son - (4:25) - 28 plays
- La Boheme (Act III) Musette! O Gioia Della Mia Dimora! - (3:23) - 21 plays
- Pagliacci, Act 1: "Vesti la giubba" - (3:21) - 20 plays