6 Shouts - 36,442 Scrobbles
Rudy Vallee (July 28, 1901 - July 3, 1986) was a popular American singer, actor, bandleader, and entertainer. Born Hubert Prior Vallée in Island Pond, Vermont, he grew up in Westbrook, Maine. In high school he took up the saxophone and acquired the nickname "Rudy" after then famous saxophonist Rudy Weidoeft. Having played drums in his high school band, Vallee played clarinet and saxophone in various bands around New England in his youth. In 1917, he felt that Uncle Sam needed one more brave young man in the Great War, but was discharged when the Navy authorities found out that he was only 15.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- As Time Goes By - (3:30) - 279 plays
- If I Had You - (3:02) - 165 plays
- Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love) - (2:58) - 163 plays
- You'll Do It Someday - (2:45) - 113 plays
- Deep Night - (2:36) - 177 plays
- Brother, Can You Spare A Dime? - (3:36) - 137 plays
- Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries - (1:53) - 75 plays
- I'm Just A Vagabond Lover - (2:28) - 106 plays
- Stein Song - (3:17) - 69 plays
- Let's Put out the Lights and Go to Sleep - (3:43) - 68 plays