6 Shouts - 35,968 Scrobbles
Rudy Vallee (July 28, 1901 - July 3, 1986) was a popular American singer, actor, bandleader, and entertainer. Born Hubert Prior Vallée in Island Pond, Vermont, he grew up in Westbrook, Maine. In high school he took up the saxophone and acquired the nickname "Rudy" after then famous saxophonist Rudy Weidoeft. Having played drums in his high school band, Vallee played clarinet and saxophone in various bands around New England in his youth. In 1917, he felt that Uncle Sam needed one more brave young man in the Great War, but was discharged when the Navy authorities found out that he was only 15.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- As Time Goes By - (3:30) - 250 plays
- If I Had You - (3:02) - 153 plays
- Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love) - (2:58) - 139 plays
- Deep Night - (2:36) - 175 plays
- You'll Do It Someday - (2:45) - 101 plays
- Brother, Can You Spare A Dime? - (3:36) - 121 plays
- Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries - (1:53) - 64 plays
- I'm Just A Vagabond Lover - (2:28) - 61 plays
- Let's Put out the Lights and Go to Sleep - (3:43) - 64 plays
- Stein Song - (3:17) - 58 plays