0 Shouts - 2,170 Scrobbles
RUBEN NARANJO was one of the last of the classic dance combo leaders of Texan conjunto music, a style which is played by groups called conjuntos, on button accordion, guitar, the big 12-string bass guitar known as a bajo sexto and drums, and which is similar to the nortena music played across the border in Mexico.
Apart from Mexican influence, conjunto music owed much to Texas's German and Czech immigrant communities and the repertoire features many waltzes and polkas as well as the rollicking border ballads known as corridos.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- El Coyote - (2:56) - 12 plays
- Con Cartitas - (2:42) - 7 plays
- Mis Ojos Querendones - (3:06) - 2 plays
- El Preso - (3:18) - 4 plays
- La Barca De Oro - (3:03) - 1 plays
- Acaba Con Mi Dolor - (2:36) - 6 plays
- Ojitos Querendones - (3:02) - 1 plays
- Y Por Esa Calle Vive - (3:26) - 2 plays
- Ojos Querendones - (3:03) - 3 plays
- Me traes como bala - (2:39) - 1 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online