40 Shouts - 876,416 Scrobbles
Rubén González (born 26 May 1919 in Santa Clara, Cuba – died 8 December 2003 in Havana) was a Cuban pianist. He learned to play the piano at the music high school of Cienfuegos. He studied medicine but abandoned his studies due to financial difficulties. In 1943, he released his first recording, together with Arsenio Rodríguez. Soon he became known in Cuba and other parts of Latin America. González retired in the late 1980s, but started a second career in 1996 when the solo album Introducing...Rubén González was published.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mandinga - (8:28) - 874 plays
- Cumbanchero - (4:32) - 587 plays
- Como Siento Yo - (2:59) - 591 plays
- Almendra - (9:53) - 607 plays
- Siboney - (2:32) - 543 plays
- La Engañadora - (2:33) - 475 plays
- Tumbao - (5:11) - 416 plays
- Tres Lindas Cubanas - (5:22) - 358 plays
- Chanchullo - (5:08) - 410 plays
- Fabiando - (3:52) - 392 plays