39 Shouts - 865,532 Scrobbles
Rubén González (born 26 May 1919 in Santa Clara, Cuba – died 8 December 2003 in Havana) was a Cuban pianist. He learned to play the piano at the music high school of Cienfuegos. He studied medicine but abandoned his studies due to financial difficulties. In 1943, he released his first recording, together with Arsenio Rodríguez. Soon he became known in Cuba and other parts of Latin America. González retired in the late 1980s, but started a second career in 1996 when the solo album Introducing...Rubén González was published.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mandinga - (8:28) - 879 plays
- Como Siento Yo - (2:59) - 719 plays
- Cumbanchero - (4:32) - 719 plays
- Almendra - (9:53) - 726 plays
- Siboney - (2:32) - 720 plays
- La Engañadora - (2:33) - 532 plays
- Tumbao - (5:11) - 521 plays
- Tres Lindas Cubanas - (5:22) - 490 plays
- Chanchullo - (5:08) - 439 plays
- Fabiando - (3:52) - 407 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online