4 Shouts - 104,334 Scrobbles
Roy Owen Haynes (born March 13, 1925) is a jazz drummer
Haynes was born in Boston, Massachusetts and began his full time professional career in 1945. From 1947 to 1949 he worked with Lester Young, and from 1949 to 1952 was a member of the Charlie Parker Quintet. He also recorded at the time with Bud Powell, Wardell Gray, and Stan Getz. From 1953 to 1958 he toured with Sarah Vaughan.
Haynes is one of the most recorded drummers in jazz and in his over 60-year career has played in a wide range of styles ranging from swing to avant-garde jazz.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Reflection - (4:24) - 696 plays
- Snap Crackle - (4:08) - 570 plays
- After Hours - (11:23) - 597 plays
- Sugar Ray - (6:26) - 520 plays
- Sneakin' Around - (4:25) - 350 plays
- Solitaire - (8:56) - 266 plays
- Quiet Fire - (8:15) - 258 plays
- Long Wharf - (4:42) - 154 plays
- Tadd's Delight - (4:02) - 169 plays
- Country Roads - (6:24) - 145 plays