Roy Hawkins (born ?; died 1973) was an American pianist and blues musician. After working in clubs and recording unsuccessful singles, he broke through with his song "Why Do Everything Happen to Me?," inspired by an auto accident which paralyzed his right arm. He is perhaps best known as the songwriter and originator of a number of renowned R&B songs covered by other artists. These include the aforementioned "Why Do Everything..." (James Brown), "The Thrill Is Gone" (B. B. King), and "Bad Luck Is Falling" (Ray Charles).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Thrill Is Gone - (2:52) - 135 plays
- Blues All Around Me - (2:51) - 25 plays
- Why Do Things Happen To Me - (2:59) - 17 plays
- Gloom And Misery All Around - (2:50) - 15 plays
- I Walk Alone - (2:53) - 15 plays
- If I Had Listened - (2:28) - 17 plays
- Mistreatin' Baby - (2:46) - 10 plays
- I Don't Know Just What To Do - (2:59) - 70 plays
- Wine Drinkin' Woman - (2:31) - 7 plays
- Got My Dreams Under My Pillow - (3:21) - 9 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online