43 Shouts - 805,565 Scrobbles
Roy A. Hargrove (born October 16, 1969) is an American jazz trumpeter. Hargrove was born in Dallas, Texas, and was discovered as a potential jazz talent when Wynton Marsalis visited his high school. One of his biggest influences was saxophone player David “Fathead” Newman, who played with the Ray Charles Band at Hargrove’s junior high school. Hargrove spent one year (1988–1989) studying at Boston’s Berklee School of Music, but could more often be found in New York City jam sessions, and finally transferred to New York’s New School.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ruby My Dear - (6:11) - 13,557 plays
- Strasbourg / St. Denis - (4:39) - 3,818 plays
- September In The Rain - (7:31) - 2,606 plays
- Afrodisia - (4:47) - 1,528 plays
- I'm Not So Sure - (5:49) - 1,411 plays
- Brown - (4:31) - 1,107 plays
- Joy Is Sorrow Unmasked - (4:47) - 1,071 plays
- The Stinger - (4:58) - 935 plays
- Speak Low - (5:17) - 923 plays
- Frosty The Snowman - (3:56) - 1,057 plays