43 Shouts - 768,939 Scrobbles
Roy A. Hargrove (born October 16, 1969) is an American jazz trumpeter. Hargrove was born in Dallas, Texas, and was discovered as a potential jazz talent when Wynton Marsalis visited his high school. One of his biggest influences was saxophone player David “Fathead” Newman, who played with the Ray Charles Band at Hargrove’s junior high school. Hargrove spent one year (1988–1989) studying at Boston’s Berklee School of Music, but could more often be found in New York City jam sessions, and finally transferred to New York’s New School.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ruby My Dear - (6:11) - 14,758 plays
- September In The Rain - (7:31) - 6,245 plays
- Strasbourg / St. Denis - (4:39) - 4,269 plays
- Afrodisia - (4:47) - 1,698 plays
- I'm Not So Sure - (5:49) - 1,797 plays
- Joy Is Sorrow Unmasked - (4:47) - 1,316 plays
- Brown - (4:31) - 1,132 plays
- The Stinger - (4:58) - 1,032 plays
- Mambo For Roy - (11:01) - 723 plays
- Frosty The Snowman - (3:56) - 1,123 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online