42 Shouts - 685,937 Scrobbles
Roy A. Hargrove (born October 16, 1969) is an American jazz trumpeter. Hargrove was born in Dallas, Texas, and was discovered as a potential jazz talent when Wynton Marsalis visited his high school. One of his biggest influences was saxophone player David “Fathead” Newman, who played with the Ray Charles Band at Hargrove’s junior high school. Hargrove spent one year (1988–1989) studying at Boston’s Berklee School of Music, but could more often be found in New York City jam sessions, and finally transferred to New York’s New School.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ruby My Dear - (6:11) - 5,989 plays
- Strasbourg / St. Denis - (4:39) - 4,938 plays
- September In The Rain - (7:31) - 2,501 plays
- I'm Not So Sure - (5:49) - 2,298 plays
- Joy Is Sorrow Unmasked - (4:47) - 1,803 plays
- Brown - (4:31) - 1,509 plays
- The Stinger - (4:58) - 1,218 plays
- Rouge - (2:47) - 1,226 plays
- Mr.Clean - (5:52) - 999 plays
- Speak Low - (5:17) - 958 plays