11 Shouts - 9,253 Scrobbles
Roy Campbell, Jr. is versatile trumpeter frequently linked to free jazz, though he has also performed rhythm and blues, bebop and funk at times during his career. Born in Los Angeles, California in 1952. Campbell was raised in New York. At age fifteen Campbell began learning to play trumpet and soon studied at the Jazz Mobile program along with Kenny Dorham, Lee Morgan and Joe Newman. Throughout the 1960s, still unacquainted with the avant-garde movement, Campbell performed in the big bands of the Manhattan Community College.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Remember Lee - (10:35) - 13 plays
- Angel - (7:16) - 13 plays
- Jahne's Waltz - (5:53) - 11 plays
- Thanks To The Creator - (6:20) - 10 plays
- Frankenstein & Igor - (8:42) - 14 plays
- For C.T. - (10:28) - 9 plays
- Sunset On The Nile - (12:09) - 11 plays
- Mariescia - (5:53) - 9 plays
- Booker's Lament - (8:38) - 9 plays
- Peace - (3:50) - 8 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online