11 Shouts - 8,757 Scrobbles
Roy Campbell, Jr. is versatile trumpeter frequently linked to free jazz, though he has also performed rhythm and blues, bebop and funk at times during his career. Born in Los Angeles, California in 1952. Campbell was raised in New York. At age fifteen Campbell began learning to play trumpet and soon studied at the Jazz Mobile program along with Kenny Dorham, Lee Morgan and Joe Newman. Throughout the 1960s, still unacquainted with the avant-garde movement, Campbell performed in the big bands of the Manhattan Community College.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jazz Remembers Stone - (6:54) - 16 plays
- I Remember Lee - (10:35) - 16 plays
- Jahne's Waltz - (5:53) - 18 plays
- Booker's Lament - (8:38) - 13 plays
- Angel - (7:16) - 13 plays
- Thanks To The Creator - (6:20) - 15 plays
- Brainwash - (6:35) - 14 plays
- Pharaoh's Revenge (Tutankhamun) Intro Part 2 - (3:07) - 9 plays
- Reel It And Roll It - (1:51) - 5 plays
- Akhenaten (Amenophis, Amenhotep IV) - (0:30) - 6 plays