10 Shouts - 244,504 Scrobbles
Roy Claxton Acuff (September 15, 1903 – November 23, 1992) was an American country musician known around the world as the "King of Country Music".
Roy Acuff was born in Maynardville, Tennessee, to Ida Carr and Simon E. Neil Acuff (a Baptist preacher, judge and tenant farmer), the third of their five children. Originally, Acuff didn't plan to be a singer. Acuff sang in the church choir as a schoolboy, but he was more interested in sports, particularly baseball.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wabash Cannonball - (2:37) - 761 plays
- Night Train to Memphis - (2:47) - 415 plays
- Great Speckled Bird - (2:53) - 392 plays
- Wabash Cannon Ball - (2:34) - 439 plays
- Tennessee Waltz - (2:54) - 343 plays
- Fireball Mail - (2:11) - 238 plays
- Freight Train Blues - (2:02) - 201 plays
- I Saw the Light - (2:43) - 215 plays
- I Closed My Heart's Door - (2:37) - 131 plays
- Wreck On the Highway - (2:44) - 166 plays