10 Shouts - 242,363 Scrobbles
Roy Claxton Acuff (September 15, 1903 – November 23, 1992) was an American country musician known around the world as the "King of Country Music".
Roy Acuff was born in Maynardville, Tennessee, to Ida Carr and Simon E. Neil Acuff (a Baptist preacher, judge and tenant farmer), the third of their five children. Originally, Acuff didn't plan to be a singer. Acuff sang in the church choir as a schoolboy, but he was more interested in sports, particularly baseball.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wabash Cannonball - (2:37) - 799 plays
- Night Train to Memphis - (2:47) - 442 plays
- Great Speckled Bird - (2:53) - 386 plays
- Tennessee Waltz - (2:54) - 373 plays
- Wabash Cannon Ball - (2:34) - 450 plays
- Fireball Mail - (2:11) - 244 plays
- I Saw the Light - (2:43) - 246 plays
- Freight Train Blues - (2:02) - 196 plays
- Wreck On the Highway - (2:44) - 179 plays
- The Precious Jewel - (2:48) - 157 plays