10 Shouts - 241,268 Scrobbles
Roy Claxton Acuff (September 15, 1903 – November 23, 1992) was an American country musician known around the world as the "King of Country Music".
Roy Acuff was born in Maynardville, Tennessee, to Ida Carr and Simon E. Neil Acuff (a Baptist preacher, judge and tenant farmer), the third of their five children. Originally, Acuff didn't plan to be a singer. Acuff sang in the church choir as a schoolboy, but he was more interested in sports, particularly baseball.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wabash Cannonball - (2:37) - 1,021 plays
- Night Train to Memphis - (2:47) - 493 plays
- LyricsWhat a beautiful thought I am thinking
Concerning a great speckled bird
Remember her name is recorded
On the pages of God's Holy Word
All the other birds are flocking 'round her
- Tennessee Waltz - (2:54) - 477 plays
- Wabash Cannon Ball - (2:34) - 519 plays
- Fireball Mail - (2:11) - 280 plays
- Freight Train Blues - (2:02) - 255 plays
- I Saw the Light - (2:43) - 289 plays
- Wreck On the Highway - (2:44) - 249 plays
- The Precious Jewel - (2:48) - 193 plays
- Sia’s In The Billboard Top 10 For The First Time As A Solo Artist
- Hilary Duff Drops “Chasing The Sun” Comeback Single + Video
- Nicki Minaj Delays “Anaconda” Release A Week Later
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ Is His First No.1 Album Ever
- Beyonce, Iggy Azalea, Eminem Top 2014 MTV VMAs Nominations