10 Shouts - 242,093 Scrobbles
Roy Claxton Acuff (September 15, 1903 – November 23, 1992) was an American country musician known around the world as the "King of Country Music".
Roy Acuff was born in Maynardville, Tennessee, to Ida Carr and Simon E. Neil Acuff (a Baptist preacher, judge and tenant farmer), the third of their five children. Originally, Acuff didn't plan to be a singer. Acuff sang in the church choir as a schoolboy, but he was more interested in sports, particularly baseball.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wabash Cannonball - (2:37) - 1,021 plays
- Night Train to Memphis - (2:47) - 493 plays
- Great Speckled Bird - (2:53) - 497 plays
- LyricsI was dancing with my darling to the Tennessee Waltz
When an old friend, I happened to see
I introduced him to my loved one and while they were dancing
My friend stole my sweetheart from me
I remember the night and the Tennessee Waltz
- Wabash Cannon Ball - (2:34) - 519 plays
- Fireball Mail - (2:11) - 280 plays
- Freight Train Blues - (2:02) - 255 plays
- I Saw the Light - (2:43) - 289 plays
- Wreck On the Highway - (2:44) - 249 plays
- The Precious Jewel - (2:48) - 193 plays