11 Shouts - 171,867 Scrobbles
Roosevelt Sykes (January 31, 1906, Elmar, Arkansas – July 17, 1983, New Orleans, Louisiana) was an American blues musician, also known as "The Honeydripper". He was a successful and prolific cigar-chomping blues piano player, whose rollicking thundering boogie-woogie was highly influential. Sykes had a long career spanning the pre-war and postwar eras. His pounding piano boogies and risqué lyrics characterize his contributions to the blues. He was responsible for influential blues songs such as "44 Blues", "Driving Wheel", and "Night Time Is the Right Time".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- 44 Blues - (3:03) - 661 plays
- Sweet Old Chicago - (2:24) - 359 plays
- Boot That Thing - (2:56) - 207 plays
- Night Time Is the Right Time - (2:48) - 174 plays
- Satellite Baby - (2:49) - 228 plays
- All My Money Gone Blues - (2:58) - 136 plays
- Drivin' wheel - (2:23) - 138 plays
- Big Legs Ida Blues - (2:55) - 105 plays
- Henry Ford Blues - (3:17) - 115 plays
- Let Me Hang Your Stockings In Your Christmas Tree - (2:58) - 101 plays