27 Shouts - 330,829 Scrobbles
Ron Carter (born May 4, 1937) is an American jazz double-bassist. His appearances on over 2,500 albums make him one of the most-recorded bassists in jazz history. Carter is also an acclaimed cellist who has recorded numerous times on that instrument. He was elected to the Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame in 2012. Carter was born in Ferndale, Michigan. He started to play cello at the age of 10 (1947), but when his family moved to Detroit, he ran into difficulties regarding the racial stereotyping of classical musicians and instead moved to bass.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- My Funny Valentine - (8:04) - 680 plays
- All Blues - (8:42) - 655 plays
- Light Blue - (6:42) - 637 plays
- Manha De Carnaval - (5:57) - 468 plays
- Stella By Starlight - (8:23) - 568 plays
- Oh, Now I See (feat. Ron Carter) - 318 plays
- Seven Steps To Heaven - (4:53) - 302 plays
- Someday My Prince Will Come - (4:58) - 336 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (10:21) - 302 plays
- Bass Duet - (5:42) - 206 plays