26 Shouts - 299,706 Scrobbles
Ron Carter (born May 4, 1937, Ferndale, Michigan) is an American jazz bassist. His unique sound and great swing have made him a sought after studio man — his appearances on over 2,500 albums make him one of the most-recorded bassists in jazz history. He has recorded with artists ranging from Miles Davis and Wynton Marsalis to A Tribe Called Quest. The epitome of class and elegance, though not stuffy, Ron Carter has been a world class bassist and cellist since the '60s. He's among the greatest accompanists of all time, but has also done many albums exhibiting his prodigious technique.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- My Funny Valentine - (8:04) - 964 plays
- All Blues - (8:42) - 1,000 plays
- Light Blue - (6:42) - 554 plays
- Manha De Carnaval - (5:57) - 452 plays
- Someday My Prince Will Come - (4:58) - 442 plays
- Stella By Starlight - (8:23) - 414 plays
- Seven Steps To Heaven - (4:53) - 335 plays
- The Shadow Of Your Smile - (7:09) - 339 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (10:21) - 320 plays
- Softly as in a Morning Sunrise - (5:34) - 285 plays