27 Shouts - 311,963 Scrobbles
Ron Carter (born May 4, 1937, Ferndale, Michigan) is an American jazz bassist. His unique sound and great swing have made him a sought after studio man — his appearances on over 2,500 albums make him one of the most-recorded bassists in jazz history. He has recorded with artists ranging from Miles Davis and Wynton Marsalis to A Tribe Called Quest. The epitome of class and elegance, though not stuffy, Ron Carter has been a world class bassist and cellist since the '60s. He's among the greatest accompanists of all time, but has also done many albums exhibiting his prodigious technique.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- My Funny Valentine - (8:04) - 742 plays
- All Blues - (8:42) - 883 plays
- Light Blue - (6:42) - 527 plays
- Manha De Carnaval - (5:57) - 468 plays
- Someday My Prince Will Come - (4:58) - 363 plays
- Stella By Starlight - (8:23) - 472 plays
- Seven Steps To Heaven - (4:53) - 244 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (10:21) - 300 plays
- Softly as in a Morning Sunrise - (5:34) - 294 plays
- The Shadow Of Your Smile - (7:09) - 220 plays