25 Shouts - 270,031 Scrobbles
Ron Carter (born May 4, 1937, Ferndale, Michigan) is an American jazz bassist. His unique sound and great swing have made him a sought after studio man — his appearances on over 2,500 albums make him one of the most-recorded bassists in jazz history. He has recorded with artists ranging from Miles Davis and Wynton Marsalis to A Tribe Called Quest. The epitome of class and elegance, though not stuffy, Ron Carter has been a world class bassist and cellist since the '60s. He's among the greatest accompanists of all time, but has also done many albums exhibiting his prodigious technique.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- All Blues - (8:42) - 831 plays
- My Funny Valentine - (8:04) - 716 plays
- Manha De Carnaval - (5:57) - 642 plays
- Light Blue - (6:42) - 647 plays
- Someday My Prince Will Come - (6:45) - 475 plays
- Seven Steps To Heaven - (4:53) - 430 plays
- Stella By Starlight - (5:03) - 438 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (10:21) - 334 plays
- As Time Goes By - (4:58) - 237 plays
- Bye Bye Blackbird - (5:28) - 248 plays