26 Shouts - 268,901 Scrobbles
Romare has spent the last year collecting samples and working on a concept: that a new form of music can emerge by investigating the relationship between different musical cultures through sampling. Samples of songs, speeches, interviews, field recordings and films were carefully chosen and rearranged to explore the connection between African and African-American music. Rhythms from West Africa are integrated with voices from Harlem, conversations about race and identity between writers and ethnomusicologists are constructed, speeches from activists are conjoined with the voices of prisoners.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Down the Line (It Takes a Number) - (4:15) - 20,988 plays
- Roots - (7:53) - 4,673 plays
- The Blues (It Began in Africa) - (3:55) - 4,022 plays
- Your Love (You Give Me Fever) - (5:54) - 2,931 plays
- Pusherman - (6:09) - 1,690 plays
- Freedom (Aspirations Of A Prisoner) - (3:24) - 1,915 plays
- I Wanna Go (Turn Back) - (5:27) - 1,582 plays
- Taste of Honey (From the City) - (6:16) - 1,462 plays
- Hey Now (When I Give You All My Lovin') - (2:27) - 1,603 plays
- Prison Blues - (3:57) - 1,034 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online