29 Shouts - 320,301 Scrobbles
Romare has spent the last year collecting samples and working on a concept: that a new form of music can emerge by investigating the relationship between different musical cultures through sampling. Samples of songs, speeches, interviews, field recordings and films were carefully chosen and rearranged to explore the connection between African and African-American music. Rhythms from West Africa are integrated with voices from Harlem, conversations about race and identity between writers and ethnomusicologists are constructed, speeches from activists are conjoined with the voices of prisoners.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Down the Line (It Takes a Number) - (4:15) - 21,041 plays
- Roots - (7:53) - 14,554 plays
- Motherless Child - (5:12) - 15,254 plays
- Prison Blues - (3:57) - 11,866 plays
- Work Song - (4:56) - 11,141 plays
- Nina's Charm - (3:21) - 10,392 plays
- Ray's Foot - (3:00) - 8,423 plays
- Jimmy's Lament - (3:04) - 7,704 plays
- Rainbow - (5:11) - 7,879 plays
- Lover Man - (2:44) - 7,213 plays