21 Shouts - 161,125 Scrobbles
Romare has spent the last year collecting samples and working on a concept: that a new form of music can emerge by investigating the relationship between different musical cultures through sampling. Samples of songs, speeches, interviews, field recordings and films were carefully chosen and rearranged to explore the connection between African and African-American music. Rhythms from West Africa are integrated with voices from Harlem, conversations about race and identity between writers and ethnomusicologists are constructed, speeches from activists are conjoined with the voices of prisoners.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Down the Line (It Takes a Number) - (4:15) - 20,294 plays
- The Blues (It Began in Africa) - (3:55) - 3,301 plays
- Your Love (You Give Me Fever) - (5:54) - 2,595 plays
- Roots - (7:53) - 1,626 plays
- Freedom (Aspirations Of A Prisoner) - (3:24) - 1,461 plays
- Taste of Honey (From the City) - (6:16) - 1,220 plays
- I Wanna Go (Turn Back) - (5:27) - 1,188 plays
- Hey Now (When I Give You All My Lovin') - (2:27) - 1,309 plays
- Freedom - Aspirations Of A Prisoner - (3:25) - 507 plays
- Jimi & Faye, Pt. 1 - (5:13) - 640 plays