0 Shouts - 11,470 Scrobbles
Roland Hanna (February 10, 1932 in Detroit, Michigan – November 13, 2002 in Hackensack, New Jersey) was an American Jazz pianist. Hanna studied classical piano as a boy, but was strongly interested in jazz. This increased after his time in military service. He studied at Eastman School of Music and Juilliard School. He worked with several big names, such as Benny Goodman and Charles Mingus, in the 1950s although only briefly in both cases. Then from 1967 to 1974 he was a regular member of the Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Orchestra. During the 1970s he was a member of the New York Jazz Quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Easy To Love - (3:39) - 18 plays
- Impressions - (4:45) - 14 plays
- Like Someone In Love - (4:28) - 19 plays
- Farouk Thelonious - (3:40) - 15 plays
- Yesterdays - 17 plays
- The Best Things In Life Are Free - (4:02) - 22 plays
- You Took Advantage of Me - (4:57) - 8 plays
- Next Time You See Me - (5:05) - 19 plays
- A Night in Tunisia - (3:09) - 14 plays
- It Never Entered My Mind - (4:04) - 14 plays