0 Shouts - 179,148 Scrobbles
There are two artists by the name of Rodrigo RodriguezRead More...
1. Born in Argentina (1978). Rodriguez arrived to Spain (the island of Majorca) in 1988, As a young child, Rodrigo had a vision for imitating the music and sounds he heard in his mind. At an early age, he began to study modern and classical music. Between the years of 1993-1999 Rodrigo was tutored at home and enrolled with several classical guitar teachers until he was 22 years old.
Rodrigo's professional music career began in Spain. It was there that he discovered his first Asian instrument, the Shakuhachi flute. Fascinated by Japanese music, he travelled to Japan several times to enhance his knowledge. He studied under the lineage of Katsuya Yokoyama in the International Shakuhachi Kenshu-kan School.
His many and diverse travels enabled him to acquire a rare collection of experiences from which to create his unique compositional language.
Since 2004, Rodrigo has been the first musician in Japan to introduce innovative instruments, such as the Hang Drum, from European countries.
In 2006 several compositions from his album "Inner Thoughts" were licensed, arousing the interest of a well known record label, Gemini Sun Record based in Los Angeles, CA.
Rodrigo's compositions can be divided into three basic categories: New Age, traditional Japanese music, and Contemporary Music.
In recent years he has performed numerous concerts in both the West and the East, at legendary stages like Imperial Hotel Tokyo and NHK Culture Center of Japan.
In late 2009 Rodriguez began studying with the renowned master of Japan's leading players of the Shakuhachi, Miyata Kohachiro, in both Contemporary and Koten Shakuhachi.
2. Rodrigo Rodriguez is a Christian guitarist from Ecuador.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Song for Shy Woman - 18,770 plays
- Kana - 13,273 plays
- Whispers in the Temple - 12,578 plays
- Inner Thoughts - 13,910 plays
- The Second Day - 8,492 plays
- Across the East - 7,964 plays
- For Carolina - 7,651 plays
- Tragedy of the Princess - 8,537 plays
- Distant Lights - 7,278 plays
- Eastern Horses - 6,792 plays