16 Shouts - 512,927 Scrobbles
Rodney J. Crowell (born August 7, 1950) is a American country music singer/songwriter who is considered to be part of both the alternative country and the mainstream country music camps. For three years he was part of Emmylou Harris' "Hot Band"; later he gained mainstream popularity as a solo performer with a series of critcally-claimed albums released during the late 1980s and early 1990s. Crowell was born in Houston, Texas to James Walter Crowell and Addie Cauzette Willoughby.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWell, the bus pulled away
In a roarin' black cloud
Well, I stood in the road
And honey, I hollered right out loud
Hey, darlin', I love ya
- LyricsI could shed my skin and in the blink of an eye,
I could fly, fly, fly.
Tie my dreams up in a sack and lay my head down on the track,
And die, die, die.
My life's been so sweet I just can't stand it.
- LyricsThe sun is comin' up and I'm just goin' down
Everywhere I look the world keeps turnin' 'round
Though I said, I never would be satisfied
Oh baby, I lied, I couldn't leave you if I tried
Sometimes I get lost out on this sad old town
- LyricsCool as a rule you don't learn in no school
You can't brown nose the teacher from a dunce hat stool
It's the hum and the rhythm of the birds and the bees
The momma's and the poppa's and the monkeys in the trees
It's the brothers and the sisters living life on the street
- LyricsThe hour is early
The whole world is quiet
A beautiful morning's about to ignite
I'm ready for danger
I'm ready for fire
- After All This Time - (4:27) - 655 plays
- Telephone Road - (3:53) - 689 plays
- I Wish It Would Rain - (3:29) - 584 plays
- That Old Time Feeling - (4:48) - 514 plays
- I Ain't Living Long Like This - (3:37) - 531 plays