0 Shouts - 122,781 Scrobbles
There are many artists that use the name Rochelle:Read More...
1) Rochelle Perts (artist name; Rochelle) a Dutch Artist who won the fourth season of the popular Dutch show X-Factor in 2011. Her first single, No Air (a cover of Jordin Sparks), peaked the Dutch iTunes charts within the first day. Her second single, Stronger, was released a few days after the release of No Air and peaked the Dutch iTunes charts within a few days.
2) Rochelle is a Dance project from United Kingdom. It is produced by Almighty Associates. Almighty is a team of remixers who are also the owners of the London based Dance/Techno label Almighty Records. Rochelle featured Lorraine McIntosh, and Pam Sheyne.
Lorraine did vocals on the singles “Chains”, “Think Twice” and “Make It With You” in 1995.
In 1996 she was replaced by Pam Sheyne, who did vocals on “I Love You Always Forever”, “Love Is A Battlefield” or “I’m Your Angel”. Other works are “Mouth”, “Oops I Didn’t Again”, “Bring Me To Life” or “Higher”.
3) Before you get the wrong idea, let’s get something straight from the start. Rochelle is the name of the band, not the name of its singer. Those charged with creating the group’s rhythmic and seductive sounds are vocalist Lydia, Thom (Guitar/synths) and James (Drums).
“We all bring something different to the group,” says Lydia. “Each member is as important as the other. We have an electronic sound, but we also combine elements of indie and pop; still maintaining an underground vibe, but with a commercial edge. We’re a live band, both visual and physical. In fact, we’re a mixture of many things and I think people like that. They can see that we’re authentic.”
The Rochelle story came together in Leeds, a short, short time ago. Meeting at one of the city’s colleges, the group began making music in the summer of 2006. By the winter of that same year they’d been joined by Lydia, and the band took off. From the start they were prodigious, recording batches of songs inside of an evening. They worked hard, they shared a good chemistry, each member brought something different to the party. They threw Kylie, Kraftwerk, The Beach Boys and Daft Punk into the punch bowl. They mixed it all up.
Just as quickly as it started, people began to take notice. Rochelle were playing dance music that appealed to people who liked pop and those who were fans of indie bands. They were a captivating act as well, something you could watch, and Leeds music fans saw them cut their teeth at venues such as the Faversham and The Cockpit. Soon enough the band had won a competition to perform a set at the Leeds leg of the Carling Weekender which was closely followed by a UK tour as main support to Bristol’s Kosheen, playing in venues such as Camden’s Koko and Manchester’s Academy II. Then, just last November, Rochelle undertook their biggest gig to date, performing to 2000 people in the city of Barcelona.
“It felt great to do all of these things,” says Lydia. “But more than that, we felt like we were ready to do them. Because we’d worked so hard we felt like we’d earned the right to play at Leeds festival, or to perform in front of a hardcore dance crowd at 3 in the morning in Barcelona. “
Now relocated from West Yorkshire to East London, Rochelle are ready to ensure that 2008 is the year they make themselves heard. Sharing a house in which they create and record their music, the trio are now set to release their debut single. ‘Fer De Lance’ is evocative and seductive and is, according to Lydia, “a song about deception, risk and infatuation.”
As an introduction to Rochelle’s genre-crossing music, ‘Fer De Lance’ is ideal. But expect to hear a lot more from this group in 2008.
“We want this year to be the time we really work hard and make things happen,” believes Lydia. “We just want to do all that we can to get our music heard. We want to get out there and play to as many people as possible.”
4) Rochelle is a disco/dance singer whose biggest hit was "My Magic Man"
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- All Night Long - 25,572 plays
- No Air - 11,394 plays
- All Night Long - Original Mix - 5,838 plays
- What A Life - 7,254 plays
- Mouth - 5,461 plays
- Strong - 3,549 plays
- Oops!...I Did It Again (Fired Up Mix) - 2,741 plays
- Way Up - 1,994 plays
- Untouchable - 2,961 plays
- Mouth (Definitive Mix) - 1,882 plays