Robyn Hitchcock & the Venus 3
27 Shouts - 127,363 Scrobbles
Robyn Hitchcock sought out some old friends to record his album Olé! Tarantula, and he founded the Venus 3: Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey, and Bill Rieflin. By enlisting three quarters of The Minus 5 and half of R.E.M. Hitchcock created what he calls "the rockingest record I've made in years." The group's second album, Goodnight Oslo, was released in February 2009. Propellor Time, was released in 2010, though it had been largely recorded in 2006. Guest musicians on the album include John Paul Jones, Nick Lowe, and Johnny Marr, who co-wrote "Ordinary Millionaire".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Goodnight Oslo - (6:01) - 142 plays
- Adventure Rocketship - (2:50) - 91 plays
- Adventure Rocket Ship - (2:50) - 95 plays
- Ordinary Millionaire - (3:51) - 85 plays
- Belltown Ramble - (6:15) - 71 plays
- Museum of Sex - (4:00) - 55 plays
- Underground Sun - (3:57) - 56 plays
- 'Cause It's Love (Saint Parallelogram) - (3:23) - 65 plays
- (A Man's Gotta Know His Limitations) Briggs - (5:34) - 52 plays
- Star Of Venus - (4:21) - 69 plays