18 Shouts - 61,301 Scrobbles
Born in the early 1940s and brought up in Edinburgh, Scotland, Robin became a mainstay of the psychedelic folk combo The Incredible String Band in the late 60s and early 70s. He moved to California and formed the Merry Band in the 70s, following more Celtic roots directions in his music. By this time, he had already contributed to over a dozen albums, toured widely and written fiddle and penny whistle tutors. By the 80s, Robin was concentrating on harp music. The Incredible String Band still seems to be an on-going project, even if not full time.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gwydion's Dream - (1:57) - 219 plays
- LyricsI see your faces
Blown through the horned clouds
In the silent cities
They call me so loud
Come through the fire
- LyricsBy Ivan Pawle
Robin Williamson: Violin, flute, mandolin, bass and vocal.
Susie W-T.: Flute solo.
Janet Williamson: Organ.
Strings in the earth and the air
- LyricsBy Robin Williamson
Robin Williamson: Guitar and vocals.
Dark eyed lady
I believe you are the one I loved before
you are the one I loved before
- Take A Heed Of Me Sometime - (3:12) - 186 plays
- Dark Dance - (1:07) - 136 plays
- Wild Horses - (4:27) - 144 plays
- Verses at Ellesmere - (3:45) - 93 plays
- Jordan Is A Hard Road - (3:49) - 147 plays
- The Man In The Van - (4:34) - 122 plays