4 Shouts - 63,901 Scrobbles
Robert Timothy Wilkins (January 16, 1896 – May 26, 1987) was an American country blues guitarist and vocalist, of African American and Cherokee descent.
His distinction was his versatility; he could play ragtime, blues, minstrel songs, and gospel with equal facility. Wilkins was born in Hernando, Mississippi, 21 miles from Memphis. He worked in Memphis during the 1920s at the same time as Furry Lewis, Memphis Minnie (whom he claimed to have tutored), and Son House. He also organized a jug band to capitalize on the "jug band craze" then in vogue.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- That's No Way to Get Along - (2:55) - 925 plays
- I Do Blues - (3:38) - 200 plays
- Alabama Blues - (2:39) - 224 plays
- Old Jim Canan's - (2:54) - 119 plays
- Police Sergeant Blues - (3:03) - 108 plays
- Long Train Blues - (3:05) - 88 plays
- Get Away Blues - (3:33) - 81 plays
- I'll Go with Her - (3:07) - 77 plays
- I'll Go With Her Blues - (3:06) - 67 plays
- Losin' Out Blues - (3:12) - 64 plays