188 Shouts - 3,769,695 Scrobbles
Born in 1810 in Zwickau, Robert Schumann was a German romantic Composer of the 19th century. His main focus was the piano, an instrument for which he composed numerous masterworks, despite his lack of virtuosity. Starting piano lessons around the age of ten, Schumann never acquired the level of skill comparable to his contemporaries such as Frédéric Chopin and Franz Liszt or his wife, Clara Schumann, due to an injured right hand, thought to be the result of either a syphilis treatment, or a surgery to increase the strength and reach of his fingers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Traumerei - (3:17) - 7,471 plays
- Kinderszenen, Op. 15: VII. Träumerei - (3:17) - 4,366 plays
- Symphony No. 3 in E-Flat Major, Op. 97, "Rhenish": III. Nicht Schnell - (6:31) - 3,706 plays
- Träumerei - (3:06) - 3,319 plays
- Scenes from Childhood, Op. 15: VII. Traumerai - (1:59) - 2,405 plays
- Carnaval, Op. 9: XI. Chiarina - (1:42) - 2,058 plays
- Kinderszenen (Scenes of childhood), Op. 15: VII. Traumerei (Dreaming) - (2:50) - 2,499 plays
- Waldszenen, Op. 82: III. Einsame Blumen - (2:01) - 2,023 plays
- Kinderszenen, Op.15: 7. Träumerei - (3:21) - 2,162 plays
- Arabeske in C Major, Op. 18 - (6:43) - 2,006 plays