188 Shouts - 3,712,680 Scrobbles
Born in 1810 in Zwickau, Robert Schumann was a German romantic Composer of the 19th century. His main focus was the piano, an instrument for which he composed numerous masterworks, despite his lack of virtuosity. Starting piano lessons around the age of ten, Schumann never acquired the level of skill comparable to his contemporaries such as Frédéric Chopin and Franz Liszt or his wife, Clara Schumann, due to an injured right hand, thought to be the result of either a syphilis treatment, or a surgery to increase the strength and reach of his fingers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Traumerei - (3:17) - 8,673 plays
- Kinderszenen, Op. 15: VII. Träumerei - (3:17) - 5,669 plays
- Träumerei - (3:06) - 4,736 plays
- Scenes from Childhood, Op. 15: VII. Traumerai - (1:59) - 3,583 plays
- Symphony No. 3 in E-Flat Major, Op. 97, "Rhenish": III. Nicht Schnell - (6:31) - 4,085 plays
- Waldszenen, Op. 82: III. Einsame Blumen - (2:01) - 2,915 plays
- Waldszenen, Op. 82: VII. Vogel als Prophet - (2:43) - 2,284 plays
- Arabeske in C Major, Op. 18 - (6:43) - 2,429 plays
- Waldszenen, Op. 82: IV. Verrufene Stelle - (3:17) - 2,288 plays
- Kinderszenen (Scenes of childhood), Op. 15: VII. Traumerei (Dreaming) - (2:50) - 2,351 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online