187 Shouts - 3,608,470 Scrobbles
Born in 1810 in Zwickau, Robert Schumann was a German romantic Composer of the 19th century. His main focus was the piano, an instrument for which he composed numerous masterworks, despite his lack of virtuosity. Starting piano lessons around the age of ten, Schumann never acquired the level of skill comparable to his contemporaries such as Frédéric Chopin and Franz Liszt or his wife, Clara Schumann, due to an injured right hand, thought to be the result of either a syphilis treatment, or a surgery to increase the strength and reach of his fingers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Traumerei - (3:17) - 7,105 plays
- Träumerei - (3:06) - 5,037 plays
- Kinderszenen, Op. 15: VII. Träumerei - (3:17) - 4,232 plays
- Scenes from Childhood, Op. 15: VII. Traumerai - (1:59) - 2,544 plays
- Symphony No. 3 in E-Flat Major, Op. 97, "Rhenish": III. Nicht Schnell - (6:31) - 1,984 plays
- Waldszenen, Op. 82: III. Einsame Blumen - (2:01) - 1,809 plays
- Träumerei (Reverie) Op. 15 - (2:03) - 2,270 plays
- Forest Scenes Op.82/7 - Prophet Bird - (2:06) - 2,098 plays
- Kinderszenen (Scenes of childhood), Op. 15: VII. Traumerei (Dreaming) - (2:50) - 2,165 plays
- Waldszenen, Op. 82: VII. Vogel als Prophet - (2:43) - 1,518 plays