176 Shouts - 3,358,916 Scrobbles
Born in 1810 in Zwickau, Robert Schumann was a German romantic Composer of the 19th century. His main focus was the piano, an instrument for which he composed numerous masterworks, despite his lack of virtuosity. Starting piano lessons around the age of ten, Schumann never acquired the level of skill comparable to his contemporaries such as Frédéric Chopin and Franz Liszt or his wife, Clara Schumann, due to an injured right hand, thought to be the result of either a syphilis treatment, or a surgery to increase the strength and reach of his fingers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- VI. Sehr langsam - (3:15) - 3,499 plays
- Traumerei - (3:17) - 3,478 plays
- Aufschwung - (3:32) - 2,450 plays
- Of Foreign Lands And People - (1:26) - 2,473 plays
- Des Abends - (3:25) - 2,368 plays
- Kinderszenen, Op. 15: Träumerei (Orchestra version) - (3:52) - 2,266 plays
- Traumerei Op.15/7 (Dreaming from Scenes from Childhood) - (2:05) - 2,406 plays
- Kinderszenen (Childhood Scenes), Op. 15: VII. Träumerei (Dreaming) - (2:33) - 1,959 plays
- Arabesque in C major - (7:02) - 1,764 plays
- Dreaming - (3:01) - 1,651 plays