6 Shouts - 85,305 Scrobbles
Robert Lee McCollum (30 November 1909–5 November 1967) was an American bluesman who played and recorded under the names Robert Lee McCoy and Robert Nighthawk. Born in Helena, Arkansas, he left home at an early age to become a busking musician, and after a period wandering through southern Mississippi settled for a time in Memphis, Tennessee. There he played with local orchestras and musicians, such as the Memphis Jug Band. A particular influence was Houston Stackhouse, from whom he learnt to play slide guitar, and with whom he appeared on the radio in Jackson, Mississippi.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sweet Black Angel - (3:04) - 511 plays
- My Sweet Lovin' Woman - (2:47) - 460 plays
- Six Three O - (2:53) - 345 plays
- The Moon Is Rising - (2:46) - 258 plays
- Black Angel Blues - (3:03) - 212 plays
- Take It Easy Baby - (4:10) - 206 plays
- Crying Won't Help You - (2:47) - 262 plays
- Someday - (3:04) - 191 plays
- Return Mail Blues - (3:14) - 88 plays
- Anna Lee - (3:16) - 125 plays