6 Shouts - 92,637 Scrobbles
Robert Lee McCollum (30 November 1909–5 November 1967) was an American bluesman who played and recorded under the names Robert Lee McCoy and Robert Nighthawk. Born in Helena, Arkansas, he left home at an early age to become a busking musician, and after a period wandering through southern Mississippi settled for a time in Memphis, Tennessee. There he played with local orchestras and musicians, such as the Memphis Jug Band. A particular influence was Houston Stackhouse, from whom he learnt to play slide guitar, and with whom he appeared on the radio in Jackson, Mississippi.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sweet Black Angel - (3:04) - 247 plays
- Friar's Point Blues - (2:53) - 169 plays
- Six Three O - (2:54) - 206 plays
- My Sweet Lovin' Woman - (2:47) - 190 plays
- Black Angel Blues - (3:38) - 98 plays
- Crying Won't Help You - (3:36) - 129 plays
- Black Angel Blues (Sweet Black Angel) - (3:03) - 97 plays
- Take It Easy Baby - (4:10) - 113 plays
- The Moon Is Rising - (2:46) - 99 plays
- Cheating and Lying Blues - (5:00) - 81 plays