0 Shouts - 37,273 Scrobbles
Raised in New York, Maxwell won a scholarship to Juillard in the late 1930s. He performed as a classical harpist with the National Symphony Orchestra and gave recitals in a number of major cities prior to joining the Coast Guard in World War II. In the Coast Guard, Maxwell played in a touring band led by Rudy Vallee, and Vallee encouraged him to write for the band and gave him featured spotlights in their performances.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shangri-La - (1:35) - 1,109 plays
- Ebb Tide - (2:28) - 78 plays
- Spaghetti Rag - (2:17) - 8 plays
- Peg O' My Heart - (1:42) - 7 plays
- Pavanne - (3:14) - 7 plays
- Accidental Slip on an Oriental Rug - (2:13) - 11 plays
- That Old Black Magic - (2:12) - 11 plays
- Cumana - (2:27) - 6 plays
- Bewitched - (2:17) - 8 plays
- Song Of The Nairobi Trio - (2:32) - 6 plays