0 Shouts - 36,392 Scrobbles
Raised in New York, Maxwell won a scholarship to Juillard in the late 1930s. He performed as a classical harpist with the National Symphony Orchestra and gave recitals in a number of major cities prior to joining the Coast Guard in World War II. In the Coast Guard, Maxwell played in a touring band led by Rudy Vallee, and Vallee encouraged him to write for the band and gave him featured spotlights in their performances.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shangri-La - (1:35) - 792 plays
- Ebb Tide - (2:28) - 54 plays
- Carioca - (2:13) - 8 plays
- Peg O' My Heart - (1:42) - 8 plays
- Poinciana - (2:43) - 7 plays
- Adios - (1:58) - 7 plays
- Song Of The Nairobi Trio - (2:32) - 6 plays
- Poinciana (Song Of The Tree) - (2:43) - 5 plays
- Manha De Carnaval - (2:24) - 4 plays
- Spaghetti Rag - (2:17) - 22 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online