0 Shouts - 34,017 Scrobbles
Raised in New York, Maxwell won a scholarship to Juillard in the late 1930s. He performed as a classical harpist with the National Symphony Orchestra and gave recitals in a number of major cities prior to joining the Coast Guard in World War II. In the Coast Guard, Maxwell played in a touring band led by Rudy Vallee, and Vallee encouraged him to write for the band and gave him featured spotlights in their performances.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shangri-La - (2:04) - 1,167 plays
- EBB TIDE - (6:01) - 42 plays
- Peg O' My Heart - (1:42) - 14 plays
- Nature Boy - 11 plays
- Bewitched - (2:17) - 9 plays
- The Breeze And I - 5 plays
- Song Of The Nairobi Trio - (2:32) - 6 plays
- April In Portugal - (2:04) - 6 plays
- Old Devil Moon - (2:14) - 8 plays
- Tears - (2:23) - 6 plays