0 Shouts - 31,313 Scrobbles
Raised in New York, Maxwell won a scholarship to Juillard in the late 1930s. He performed as a classical harpist with the National Symphony Orchestra and gave recitals in a number of major cities prior to joining the Coast Guard in World War II. In the Coast Guard, Maxwell played in a touring band led by Rudy Vallee, and Vallee encouraged him to write for the band and gave him featured spotlights in their performances.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shangri-La - (2:04) - 1,501 plays
- EBB TIDE - (6:01) - 54 plays
- Shagri-La - (2:05) - 19 plays
- Poinciana (Song Of The Tree) - (2:43) - 18 plays
- Peg O' My Heart - (1:42) - 14 plays
- Adios - (1:58) - 9 plays
- Shangri La - (2:05) - 17 plays
- Song Of The Nairobi Trio - (2:32) - 7 plays
- Shangri La - (2:03) - 7 plays
- Summertime - (2:35) - 6 plays