0 Shouts - 17,218,885 Scrobbles
Riverside is the name of at least five different bands:Read More...
1. A progressive rock band from Warsaw, Poland, founded in 2001 by Mariusz Duda (bass guitar, vocal), the late Piotr Grudziński (electric guitar) and Piotr Kozieradzki (drums), who shared a love for progressive rock and heavy metal. Up to 2003 Jacek Mielnicki was playing keyboard in the band, but some conflicts led him to leave the band, and in the same year the new keyboardist Michał Łapaj joined. Following their 2003 debut Out of Myself, the band were signed by major prog label InsideOut, releasing Second Life Syndrome in 2005. Riverside's music has been described as a mix between, Pink Floyd, Anathema, Opeth, and Dream Theater, containing long, ethereal keyboard-laden passages and heavy, crunchy metal riffs. Rapid Eye Movement was leaked on the internet in August 2007, and was released in the end of September in Europe, October 09 in the US. In the summer of 2007 Riverside supported Dream Theater in the European leg of their tour.
In 2009 they released their album Anno Domini High Definition. Mariusz Duda had the following to say about the album on January 27, 2009: "We have gone from Warsaw, we have changed the studio and the producer. We care deeply about creating a coherent record and that is why most probably there are only going to be five songs on it. The material will be energetic, multifarious, and - I hope so - very good for live performances. It will be a story about liquid modernity, life in a constant hurry, stress and anxiety about the future. A picture of our times in 1920 x 1080 definition."
In 2011 they released a mini album (only available at the 10th anniversary tour gigs), entitled Memories in My Head, and contains 3 new songs.
In January 2013, Riverside released their fifth full-length album, Shrine of New Generation Slaves.
2. A 90s alternative rock band from Pennsylvania that played jangly music along the lines of the Railway Children and the Ocean Blue, yet incorporated a dream pop sound similar to For Against. Their first album, One, was released on Sire Records in 1992, and their second album, Taste, was self-released around 1994. The Official Site of this band is http://www.riversidetaste.com.
3. A country rock band formerly known as Riverside Avenue from Missouri, USA. They were active between 1980 and 1990. They re-formed in 2001 and released the album Simple Life. Part of the proceeds from this release are being donated to the Relay for Life and MS Foundation.
4. An Indie Pop Punk band from New York
5. An Japanese independent music group (doujin circle or doujin ongaku). Their first album Eiya no Kotowari (永夜の理) was released at Comiket 74 in 2008.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
I don't feel quite myself
I think I'm losing heart
I'm sick and tired of all those words
Voices in my head
- LyricsI've been watching you
Not waiting for the right moment to make the first move
Do you want to know
Why I keep avoiding your eyes
And why I'm running away?
- LyricsI learn to understand
Getting harder to pretend is ok with me
In this moment I believe
And I want it so much
In spite of everything
- LyricsRaise me up
Don't let me fall
Cause I don't get myself
I feel like I felt before
But can't find my way
- LyricsAnother day of talking
And I'm in two minds
I think I have to tell you
I finally realised
I know you'll never really get inside of me
- The Same River - 478,383 plays
- After - 414,330 plays
- Reality Dream II - 395,054 plays
- I Turned You Down - 458,978 plays
- Second Life Syndrome - 473,572 plays