0 Shouts - 71,091 Scrobbles
Rippikoulu, a Finnish death metal band, was formed 1990 in Valkeakoski, Finland. Back then Rippikoulu was still a punk metal band, but after a few band member changes Rippikoulu shifted entirely into metal. They played mostly slow paced death metal which lyrical themes consisting of darkness and anti-religion.Read More...
Rippikoulu was the first death metal band in the whole world to sing in Finnish! The name, Rippikoulu, is the Finnish word for confirmation class. In their earlier songs all lyrics were in Finnish, but in their later songs lyrics were both in Finnish and English.
The guitarist of the band, Marko Henriksson, died in 1.1.1995, and Rippikoulu had a two year hiatus for the memory of Marko. They tried to do a comeback, but the band wasn't the same without Marko. The band officially split-up in 1999.
A remastered version of Musta seremonia was issued in February 2010 by Svart Records. It was released as a digipak CD, black vinyl and clear vinyl.
The band was reformed in 2014 and released a new EP called Ulvaja. In 2015 the band is also making it’s first gigs in over 20 years.
Mutaation aiheuttama sisäinen mätäneminen, demo, 1992
Musta seremonia, demo, 1993
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Kadonneet Jumalat - 10,833 plays
- Kuolematon Totuus - 9,930 plays
- Ikuinen Piina - 9,083 plays
- Musta Seremonia - 8,174 plays
- Anteeksiannon synkkä varjo - 8,138 plays
- Pimeys yllä jumalan maan - 7,850 plays
- Verinen Lapsuus - 1,630 plays
- Tuskainen Sairaus - 1,646 plays
- Tulevaisuuden Ruumiit - 1,525 plays
- Pimeyden Kirous - 1,369 plays