Riley was a fan of both Hank Williams and Jimmie Rodgers. His first two sessions constisted of Jimmie Rodgers songs with beautiful yodeling, later he seemed to be more impressed with Hank's style. He didn't copy any of the two. He soon developed his own country blues voice with such much feeling that the Grand Ole Opry wanted him as a regular in the early 50s. If he hadn't turned down that offer and not decided to stay near his home in the Dallas area to become a regular at the Big "D" Jamboree he might have been a 2nd Hank Williams.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- She Loves Me Better - (2:01) - 39 plays
- Tattle Tattle Tale - (2:26) - 16 plays
- I've Lived Two Days In One - (2:01) - 2 plays
- When Hank Williams Met Jimmie Rodgers - (3:24) - 1 plays
- That's What I Like - 2 plays
- Hank Williams Met Jimmie Rodgers - 1 plays
- Something Tells Me - (2:15) - 2 plays
- Someone Reminds Me of You - (2:35) - 1 plays
- If My Tears Were Gold - (2:26) - 1 plays
- Go Cat Go - (1:50) - 1 plays